A comprehensive guide to Pennsylvania Acting Schools.
Affordable Advertising For Your School - First Come First Served
Get Your School at The Top of the List. There are only THREE spots left in this Ad Box. You get: 3 lines of Objective - Active Link via the name of your school - Email link [optional]
[Email Us to Purchase Your Spot - $100.00 per month - 1 Year Block]
Thespian Net does not guarantee the validity of schools. It is up to you to do the research.
If you find a broken link, please click [RDL] and hit SEND.
School Of Drama at Carnegie Mellon
- [RDL] Objective: The mission of the School of Drama is to provide a rigorous world-class theatre education
with thorough preparation for today's media. Carnegie Mellon's School of Drama is one of the highest rated theatre conservatories in America. The program is designed to graduate students capable of contributing artistry, integrity and vision to a profession with a wide spectrum of dramatic activity.
Cedar Crest Performing Arts
- [RDL] Objective: The Performing Arts Department offers opportunities for all students in the areas of theatre, speech, dance, music, interdisciplinary arts, musical theatre and arts criticism. Students may major in theatre, music and fine arts, and elect to concentrate in other areas such as dance and musical theatre. All performing arts majors are offered a varied curriculum, allowing for the opportunity to choose a more focused approach and tailoring the program to the individual student. Minors are offered in theatre, music, dance and speech.
- [RDL] Objective: Aspiring filmmakers make a number of short works on film and video in year one, then design their own programs for the next two years, which culminate in a final film, video, or feature-length screenplay.
Random Acts of Theater
- [RDL] Objective: To train actors for stage and film in basic techniques, and more importantly, to encourage actors to reach their full artistic potential by exploring the truth in themselves and expressing that truth in their work.
We offer a master class taught by George DiCenzo, whom Burt Reynolds referred to as "the best acting teacher in the country" on Inside the Actors' Studio. We also offer beginners' acting classes, classes for kids, and stage movement
Act Like You Know (ALYK Studios)
- [RDL] Objective: Acting Techniques for Film, TV & Commercials - Auditioning / Cold Reading Skills - Breaking Down a Scene - Improvisation & Monologues - Voice & Diction - Movement & Physicality - Advanced Character Development - Business Fundamentals of acting - Career Management and Support - Public Speaking and Seminar Skills
Pennsylvania Performing Arts Academy
- [RDL] Objective: Pennsylvania Performing Arts Academy is committed to creating the optimum environment for students of all ages to excel in the performing arts by providing the finest artistic training for all skill levels and experience. Our training program is proudly built on three principles: People, Passion & Performance.
Location: North Wales
John Robert Powers
- [RDL] Objective: John Robert Powers Modeling, Acting, Singing, and Dancing School.
Electric Theatre Company
- [RDL] Objective: Griffin Conservatory for Actors
a program of Electric Theatre Company in Scranton, a professional, Equity theatre serving Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Griffin Conservatory offers affordable, accessible, and outstanding professional level training for the actor. A regular offering of intensives and workshops is ongoing, with periodic workshops in special skills taught by guest instructors. Core instructors are veterans of New York acting schools, and others include professional actors, directors, and choreographers from around the country and Europe. Internships and membership in Out on a Limb theatre lab may be offered to alumni.
The Actor's Outlet Objective: A private performing arts school for talented students. We run workshops, courses, and full productions (plays and musicals). Please write or call for more information.